Governors sitting on this commitee:
Ceri Veysey – Chair
Jacky Brockway – Vice Chair
What does the Standards Committee do?
Our Standards committee has responsibility for monitoring test results and teaching of the national curriculum and for reviewing the Assessment policy.
Additionally, it reviews and feeds back to the Governing Body on progress within Standards and of the School Improvement Plan.
It should also consider, on recommendations from the ALN and MAT Link governors, satisfactory curricular provision for pupils with additional educational needs.
The committee meets as least once a term.
Minutes of all meetings will be taken and retained by the person acting as clerk. The recommendations of the committee will be brought to the full governing body for ratification.
Terms of reference:
· To advise the governing body on standards and other matters relating to the school's curriculum, including statutory requirements and the School's Curriculum Policy;
· To consider curricular issues which have implications for Finance and Personnel decisions and to make recommendations to the relevant committees or the Governing Body;
· To consider how effectively the School Improvement Plan is progressing and to feedback to the Governing Body;
· To make arrangements for the Governing Body to be represented at School Improvement discussions with the LA and for reports to be received by the Governing Body;
· To receive and consider feedback from Link governors and to forward advice formulated from such feedback to the Governing Body;
· Additional items which the Governing Bodies may attach to the committee during the academic year.