Thursday 7th January – Literacy
Add your own top tips to these instruction sentences.
- Climb up the tall tree ( ____)
- Ride the scaly dragon (____)
- Skip past the poisonous mushrooms (_____)
- Jump across the slippery stones (_____)
- Sleep quietly in the long grass (______)
Add brackets or add the word ‘and’ in the correct place in these sentences to make them make sense. I’ve made some mistakes.
- Climb up the tall tree watch out for stinging wasps.
- Ride the scaly dragon hold on tightly.
- Skip past the poisonous mushrooms do not eat them.
- Jump across the slippery stones careful not to fall in the pond.
- Sleep quietly in the long grass get up before dark.
Use the phonics sound mat below to sound out these CVC verbs. Draw a picture to match each word.
sit run pat dip nap