If you need to contact me (Mr Gumm) please don't hesitate. I'm happy to help with the weekly tasks set and think it would be great to see the learning which has been completed at home. I will do my best to get back to you as soon as I can dependent on our future work schedule.
If you have any questions or would like to share what you have been learning please use the link below! I would love to hear from you all. I will do my very best to get back in contact with you as quickly as I can.
School Closure Home Learning
Below you will find home learning tasks for your children to complete during the closure of the school.
Please keep an eye on this page as it will be updated to ensure the children have regular opportunities for learning in the coming weeks.
We encourage these tasks are completed to ensure continuity in the children's progress.
Practice the 10 spelling words of the week (uploaded within clipboards below) using the read, cover, write method.
1. All children have been assigned books on their BugClub account.
2. Reading comprehension tests have also been attached in the clipboards below.
Each week a creative writing task will be set in the clipboards below. This can also be completed via Google Classrooms.
1. All children have been assigned numeracy games, practice sheets, problem solving tasks and method videos on Bug Club to consolidate their skills learnt this term.
2. Maths revision tests have been uploaded for each week in the clipboards below which revise the numeracy skills covered so far this year.
N.B. BugClub resources are compatible with iPads, laptops, computers and mobile phones.
3. Reasoning resources as uploaded below to allow children the opportunity to apply their numeracy skills when solving problems.
Bug Club Reading
We hope that you and your child will enjoy using this fantastic resource, Bug Club is a finely-levelled reading scheme which ensures that all children can find books at exactly the right level for them.
Using the online reading world
If you have access to an internet connection, your child can enjoy reading Bug Club books online. Each child has a unique homepage and can log into it by following these steps:
1. Go to www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (or the link below)
2. Enter the login details;
username: First name 16
password: dog1 (Mrs Bird's class password is 'dog12')
school code: glyn
3. Your child’s homepage will appear.
We allocate books to your child according to their reading levels. These books will appear in the ‘My Stuff’ area of their personal homepages. Throughout the books there are quiz questions for your child to complete. To answer a question, just click on the bug icon. Your child does not need to finish all the quiz questions in one sitting and can come back to a book later.
*WORKBOOK ANSWERS WILL BE UPLOADED TO THE FOLLOWING WEEK'S FOLDER BY THE END OF EACH WEEK*